At MAW Construction Inc. we understand how important regularly cleaning your gutters and staying on top of maintenance is. We pride ourselves on providing all of our services quickly and efficiently, while also educating our clients on why these services are much needed and a crucial part of keeping your home in top of the line shape.
There are many benefits to cleaning your gutters and making sure you’re staying on top of basic maintenance.
If you are not cleaning your gutters properly and routinely, it could cause some issues to your property:
- Water can overflow onto your buildings foundation. If this water freezes it could potentially cause heaving and cracks. In extreme cases, this could cause structural failure.
- Leaks coming into your home could cause damage to walls and floors, thus needing further services to fix these issues.
- As most people aren’t aware, mosquitoes can breed in the still water in your gutters if they are backed up!
Most likely, if you have gutters you probably don’t clean them out as often as you should. If you wait until they are full of leaves and find yourself scooping out soil, you are waiting far too long. If you have weeds and grass growing in your gutters, you probably have already caused some damage. After all, gutters aren’t intended for gardening.
The cleaning schedule you should be on for your gutters varies home to home and there are a few contributing factors. Are there any trees close to your home? Are your gutters made from quality materials? How old are the gutters currently on your home?
Typically, it’s recommended to clean your gutters at least 2 times per year or possibly up to once every 3 months, depending on those factors listed.
Pricing on gutter cleaning services are dependent on a few variables.
How large is your home? When is the last time your gutters were cleaned? How much labor and time will be needed?
- National Average: $158
- Low End – High End: $75 – $300
- Typical Range: $118 – $224
However, prices also vary based on the company you’re using. Always make sure you contact your local gutter cleaning company for definitive prices!
Although it is always suggested to hire a professional gutter specialist, you can clean your gutters on your own. There are a few different ways you can go about this:
- Simple, use a ladder. Make sure the ladder is safe and secure on the side of your home, and simply blow out the leaves and pick out (with gloves on) the excess dirt and gunk left behind.
- Use an extension kit. Most gutter extension can fit on the average leaf blower. Attach the extension onto your blower and it’ll do the rest, all while you’re standing safely on the ground.
If you’re still unsure about doing this yourself, you can always contact your local gutter cleaning company to come and assist you!
see what other customers have to say !
You don’t have to just take our word for it. Let our past customers do the talking for us!
If you want to know why MAW Construction Inc. is one of the top-ranked roofing, siding, and gutter service contractors in Bucks County and surrounding areas, check out our reviews! Our reviews can be found on Facebook and Home Advisor.